Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Golfing Tradition

       My family is huge into golfing! It all started when my dad's mom got him a pair of clubs at a young age. He kept with it and played through out high school and college. Then when my parents had kids, my dad started bringing us out golfing. We all golfed and started at a young age. I probably golfed as soon as 2 or 3 years old. Golf became a tradition, ¨so my dad says¨, because of my oldest sibling/brother who started it, when he won a individual state title. My oldest brother, Ben, also became pro after college. The individual state title and becoming a pro in golf has carried on through out the three other boys that have graduated also. For the three girls that have graduated they have all gotten team state titles, two in golf and one in basketball. Five of the seven siblings that graduated high school played golf in college. One of my brothers, Wade, currently gives golf lessons and Kirby is playing professional golf tournaments for a living. Another one of my other brothers, Nate, was also a pro manager for a few years at the Carroll Country Club (CCC) here in Carroll. We now have an event at the CCC and Carroll Bowl hosted by us Pettitts called Bet on Uncle Bruce. Bet on Uncle Bruce is a golfing and bowling tournament combined which I will explain more about later, sometime in October when it happens. As you can tell golf is a big deal in my family and a tradition that will be carried on!

This is Wade winning the Northwest Iowa Amateur in Spencer, Iowa.

This is Kirby winning the Northwest Iowa Amateur in Spencer, Iowa, but my brother Ben also played in this tournament when he was younger and placed somewhere between 2nd and 4th.
   (These two poses of Kirby and Wade are on the side of my dad's car wash bay.)

                  These are some picture of winners in a tournament when my brother Nate was a pro.
                                   
                                This is a picture of the last Bet on Uncle Bruce event we had.




1 comment:

  1. Great job Josie, I like that you talked about a topic that your family enjoys and had a great amount of info about your family playing golf.

    ReplyDelete